Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Polly Wanna Cracker?

I did this mani one lazy Saturday afternoon while in cottage country.  I had spent the prior lazy Saturday afternoon in cottage country making a bunch of jelly polishes and was anxious to see how they worked!  Not too shabby if I do say so myself!


Started with a base of two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  The black stamping polish was Milani black (and poor clean up I see!).  The plates used were Infinity 68 (index, middle and ring) and Infinity 40 (thumb and pinky).


Filled in using both a dotting tool and a brush using lots of different jelly polishes; some of the polishes were the ones I made, others were store bought that were in my stash.  


While I really like the sheers with glitter in them, they weren't my favourite when used in this mani.  I liked these three nails best!


Top coated to finish. 


How about a creepy macro of the parrot?  (Can you tell he was my favourite nail?)

I was glad to test run some of my homemade jellies on this mani; it gave me a good idea of which polishes worked well for leadlighting and some that aren't as good as well as a good idea of clear to creme ratio. One things for sure; I will be checking out my stash for polishes to use to make a few more! The empty bottles I ordered just arrived....I see another lazy Saturday afternoon in cottage country making jelly polishes in my future!

Thanks for looking!






Post a Comment

0 Comments