Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

P!nk's "Blow Me (One Last Kiss) - Single Review


     The Queen of Scornful Punk-Pop is back! P!nk, a rebellious artist who has never played by the rules, is back with a brand new single, her first since her two 2010 hits, "Raise Your Glass" and "Fuckin' Perfect". The song serves as the lead single from the singer's upcoming sixth studio album, The Truth About Love, set to be released on Sept. 18. Originally, the song was supposed to have its debut on July 9, but thanks to a leak the week before, P!nk's label rushed the release and devoted fans were treated to new material on July 3. Critics have praised the song so far, calling it "signature P!nk", and I must agree.

     While the song does contain a vengeful artist and tone, similar to her previous hit "So What", the track also contains more of a danceable vibe than her previous offerings. It does seem weird to me that the artist would release such a back-handed, hate track seeing that she in love and in a very happy moment in her life now, but the track is relateable and even though released in the middle of the summer, it could be the summer jam of 2012. When the track first plays, the beginning quickly had me thinking of an alternative pop-rock band, something you certainly do not hear on strict pop/club tracks now. The track has its highlights, but also has its share of problems.

     P!nk's vocals come off very similar to Miss Kelly Clarkson, especially in the chorus, but are almost near perfect, a quality I have come to expect from her. While the song switches key, the artist is able to keep up with the range of notes, but one slip up occurs. When she sings "Just when it can't get worse", I have to close my ears. I do not know what happened here, but P!nk sounds far from her best. Besides that though, I enjoyed the song after a few listens. The swearing is great, although radio is going to have a fun time trying to censor the entire thing. The attitude I love, the dance edge is something new from her and I see her reinventing herself once again.

     Is this the artist's best lead single from an album? Not really. But the track will more than likely dominate Top 40 radio, I hear stations are already playing it non-stop. It is the perfect break-up song for all the little brokenhearted single people out there. P!nk can release whatever she wants and it will sound great. The diverse influences mix well to create something a little fresh and new. The songwriting is top notch, the timing could not be better and I am just glad to see one of my favorite artists back on the scene. I expect this effort to be another big hit and it will tide me over to the official release of her next groundbreaking record. What do you think of P1nk's latest offering?

B+

Post a Comment

0 Comments