Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

October Adventures

Thank you to JCPenney & ShopStyle for kindly sponsoring this post.
All opinions are 100% honest & all items were hand-selected by me.

plaid sweater

For the most part, Octobers are notoriously beautiful no matter where you live, but it feels even more special in New York because it’s usually the only month of true fall weather we get before the snow hits.  So, it’s the best time to get outdoors and enjoy the beauty of autumn before it fades into the icy cold winter.  We always make it a point to plan a few fun family activities like apple picking, going to the pumpkin patch, driving through the Adirondacks and taking a long hike on one of our favorite trails.

While I do prefer to wear more polished outfits when I’m running around town or heading out at night, for weekend & outdoors activities, I’m all about easy casual pieces.  Simple & comfortable is the name of the game, so warm knitwear, lightweight layers & neutral boots are essentials.

casual fall style

The plaid pattern on this sweater could not be more perfect for fall & it’s one of the softest knits I’ve ever felt (recommend sizing down).  It kept me so warm while we were picking out pumpkins that I didn’t need a jacket at all.  I paired it with these stretchy skinny jeans & these booties, which also come in taupe & black (they have a super-cushioned memory foam insole too!).

JCPenney has so many great new sweaters for the season in fun prints like this leopard crewneck (bought & love), this fuzzy cardigan, this camouflage pullover & this plaid sweater.  Everything is currently on sale so you can afford to buy multiples or stock up on styles for the whole family (my husband can’t stop buying from the newly-launched Men’s Outdoor Shop – highly recommend!).

ana plaid mock neck sweater

what to wear to the pumpkin patch

perfect plaid sweater

ana skinny jeans

What I’m wearing:
c/o a.n.a Mock Neck Plaid Sweater, c/o a.n.a Skinny Jeans, c/o a.n.a Peep-Toe Booties

mustard sweater

I love wearing vests this time of year before it gets cold enough to require a heavy coat.  All of the ones I own are puffy or quilted, so I really like the idea of a soft one like this fleece-meets-sherpa style.  It also comes in gray, burgundy and is available in plus sizes – there’s another similar option here in more colors + a festive buffalo plaid print.

I’m mildly obsessed with the golden hue of this sweater – it’s not quite as bright as mustard, but not as subdued as caramel, making it much more wearable for different skin tones.  This has a slightly boxy fit (I sized down) and a cute snap detail on the sides (great for showing off layers underneath).  I also found this turtleneck sweater & this cardigan in the same color – they both look so cozy!  More easy layered looks to try:

casual fall layers

sherpa vest

Liz Claiborne Boots

warm fall neutrals

upstate NY in autumn

What I’m wearing:
c/o Muk Luks Beanie (also in plaid & fair isle), c/o Arizona Fleece Vest,
c/o a.n.a Crewneck Sweater, c/o Levi’s Skinny Jeans, c/o Liz Claiborne Booties

MY JCP PICKS

The post October Adventures appeared first on Penny Pincher Fashion.

Post a Comment

0 Comments