Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AND YET MORE FRUIT TREES

It was a good weekend, for the most part.  I will share more of the events in the next post.  For now, I'll share these pictures.  Hope I don't bore you all with my fruit tree plantings.  I do this to share of course on the blog and also to give me some sort of record of what we've got planted and where.
So this weekend I put in five more trees:

Pear trees
The first two I planted were pear trees, two varieties.  One, a "Kieffer Pear" and the other, a "Pineapple Pear".  I put them together as they benefit from mutual pollination.  They are on the side of the property behind the area of the barn site and at the back of what I'm calling the future "chicken yard".

Dorsett Golden Apple Tree
Here is one that I really hope does well.  It's a "Dorsett Golden Apple".  It's about the only variety of apple that does well in our semi-tropical climate.  I planted it away from the house but still close enough to see out of the dining room windows.  I figured it would be pretty when in bloom.

Mayhaw Trees
And here are two of the same trees that I planted on the garden side of the property.  Everything is so green it's hard to see the second one, ha.  Again, as I did with the figs and the pears, they are along the neighboring fence line so that as they grow in the future, they will provide some more privacy.  These two are "Mayhaw" trees.  Hope to have some great jelly in a few years (can take up to five to fruit).


Post a Comment

0 Comments