I have been busy. Actually, I have been very busy, you just can't tell from these photos. The Japanese Flower Shawl is coming along slowly. It takes me a bit a of time to complete one of these flowers, so the fact I have 11 completed is frankly amazing. I would have had 12, but I apparently can't count to 12. On the brown, beige and red flower I have 13 petals. Well that wasn't a tragedy as I can keep it on the outside and no one will know. But unfortunately I did it again in the middle, with the light green flower, and I had to rip it apart. Maybe I need to go back to preschool and work on counting to 12.
I really like some of the color combinations and others I am not too crazy about. I plan on repeating many of the flowers, as I am assuming I will be making about 49 of these before I am done. For some reason I am having a more difficult time with the color combinations than I thought I would. Hopefully it will get easier as I go along.
I thought I would send you some photos of my garden. It is starting to fill in a bit and not look so newly planted. We have had unseasonably warm weather for the Spring. It is lovely after a chilly winter. But on the other hand, summer is so hot and humid here that I am not ready to jump into it so quickly. A lovely day like today with the high of 72 degrees and low humidity is perfect.
My geranium is in full, beautiful bloom. She sits right outside of my kitchen window. I love to see her beautiful color when I am sitting at my table in the morning drinking some tea.
And finally, number 15 is complete. I forced myself to sew this hexagon bag together on Sunday. It was a bit boring and tedious, especially as there were crochet flowers tempting me every time I turned around. I felted it that very day and put it outside to dry. Note to self: Remember to bring drying felted item inside before it rains. Yes, it got all wet again and must have absorbed a gallon of rain water. It has taken til today to get some what dry. And unfortunately it smelled musty so I put it in the dryer for a quick spin with a dryer sheet. It is looking much better now. I attached the handles with a piece of felt and buttons just like in my previous bag. I should have taken a closer picture to show you. Hope you like the final product.
Have a wonderful week and find some time to do the things you really love.

0 Comments