Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sunday afternoon cocktails


Today's Sunday Afternoon Cocktail is the Blueberry Daiquiri :

Blueberry Daiquiri (for two)

Fresh blueberries, about a half cup
4 shots of light rum
2 shots of blueberry liqueur
1 shot fresh lime juice
A splash of bar syrup
Ice
Fresh mint leaves
  • muddle a handful of fresh blueberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker
  • add the rest of the ingredients, except for the mint leaves, and shake well
  • pour into chilled glasses
  • garnish with three blueberries and a sprig of mint
_____________________

MizBubs, girl wonder, is sure taking care of me this weekend. First she hits me with the drink you see pictured above, and now she's keeping our garden beautiful. We've spent the day, again, ignoring housework that desperately needs to be done in favor of staying outside.

The Mount Prospect farmer's market is in full swing, and by the time we dragged our lazy asses out of bed today a lot of stuff was sold already. We still did well. MizBubs got me to clean up my bicycle yesterday, so we rode our bikes to the market, and then stopped by the bike shop after. Oh, yeah. I decided to add some flair to my otherwise humdrum old bike.

Check out my new horn:



Yes, it is in fact a squeaky alligator head. I've always wanted one ever since I saw it on the shelf today.

Now I must go. There are peaches and blueberries waiting to be turned into a cobbler.





Post a Comment

0 Comments