Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

This Weekend

 

The Weather - is warming up a bit, but it remains dry. No snow in the forecast.  We did have some lovely blue sky and sunshine this weekend. Although the haze from air pollution is starting to return, when we walked on Saturday the skies were clear enough that we could see the mountain range to the west of the Valley.

I'm reading - these two books, in addition to scriptures, scripture study guides and devotionals.  I am concentrating on the mystery, Everything We Didn't Say by Nicole Baart.  It's a pretty good story, and will need to go back to the library before long.  The other book, When our Grown Kids Disappoint Us by Jane Adams, is one that I found on my "to read" shelf that I had forgotten I had.  I am only 20-30 pages in on that one.  It's good to know that other parents are dealing with the same kind of stuff we are, and to get some ideas on what to do and not do.  Ultimately, I pray and try to depend on God for inspiration on how to handle tough things.  

I'm watching - a little TV, but I seem to be disappointed in all the shows we watch.  I'm also watching lectures for two more online classes.  Of course, Sunday was Zoom church. 

At work - it's going to be a very busy week next week. We have parent-teacher conferences Tuesday and Wednesday nights - so that means two 12-hour days.  Fortunately, we get a comp day on Friday. 

I'm feeling - physically well.  I enjoy my week-day early morning workouts.  Emotionally, I woke up both Saturday and Sunday with some anxiety and depression.  I'm working to get back "up."  Exercise helps a lot. 

I'm cooking - Pizza burgers for Saturday night dinner.  I got the recipe from from good long-time blog friend Billie Jo over at Afternoon Coffee and Evening Tea.  These pizza burgers were a quick, easy and delicious hit with the entire family!

Sunday dinner was spaghetti and meatballs, fresh steamed vegetables, green salad and garlic bread.

I'm thinking - about a lot of things. 
  • Josh tested positive for Covid on Friday.  Charly and I post tested negative the same day.  We feel fine.  Josh feels pretty rough.  I have no doubt that he will get better and be just fine in a few days.  In some ways, I am waiting for "the other shoe to drop" - I don't see how Charly and I won't get Covid now that Josh has it.  We are vaccinated and boosted and I am sure that Charly and I will be fine too, but, after the past two years, there is still that "Covid anxiety" in my mind.  I just don't like being sick and I am a little worried about what the coming days will bring for us. 
  • Lots of family drama, problems and issues that I don't know how to solve are swirling around in my mind.  I hate rifts and grudge holding.  For me, it's forgive, forget and move on.  I know that only God can truly resolve some things, and the human "fixer" part of me just wants to make everything all better, right now.  Some days I think I am learning to be patient and some days not. 
  • We have been working on refinancing a couple of our properties before interest rates go up in March, but we really aren't happy with the bank we've been working with, so we are going to contact another bank to see what they can do for us.  


Other stuff - Friday night, I took a sympathy card and plant over to a friend whose husband died a couple of week's ago.  It is hard to find flowering plants in the middle of winter, so I got this potted palm instead.  My friend really liked it.  Her husband's graveside service will be this coming Tuesday.  

We went to the post office and I got this package filled with Valentine's goodies mailed to my Utah grandkids. I also got cards in the mail to the Virginia grandchildren. 

Saturday morning while waiting for a load of laundry to finish, I decided to go through my sock drawers.  I got rid of all these socks that are too worn, too thin, or that I just don't wear.  It always feels good to lighten the load by cleaning out and cleaning up.

I got some more pictures of my Virginia grandkids from my son-in-law over the weekend.  It always makes me smile to see what these sweet children have been up to.  










Weekend Gratitude:
  • Covid vaccines & booster
  • Sunshine
  • Walks outside
  • Pictures of the grandkids
  • Productive weekend
  • Time to read
  • Charly - he always knows what to say to help me feel better. 
Coming up this week:

Monday - Appointment after school 
Tuesday - Parent - Teacher Conferences
Wednesday - Parent - Teacher Conferences
Friday - Comp. Day Off!


That's it for now.  See you again soon.  Have a good week. 

😊Deb💖

"Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess.  Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best."
~Anon.




Post a Comment

0 Comments