Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

TSS - From the edge of the Rockies...

Good morning from the edge of the Rocky Mountains! We arrived in Boulder, CO last evening and will be driving to Vail this afternoon. The beauty of the mountains is breathtaking! No offense to the Adirondack Mountains in New York, but these are the first real mountains I've ever seen. The two hour drive up to Vail may take all day! There's internet access at the hotel, the girls are still sleeping, and my husband went out for a run. Since I'm drawn to the laptop, here's a quick Sunday Salon post.

This week I finished That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo. I was tempted to finish it last Sunday afternoon, but decided to slow down and savor it for a few more days. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson was the book for yesterday's flight. This is the first YA novel I've picked up since high school and, even though I only read half of it before deciding to take a nap, it's obvious that Anderson really gets it right! It makes me glad I'm not there any longer. This book should lead to a great discussion with my sixteen year old twins!

I also posted my review of A Thousand Days in Venice. This was the final stop of my virtual Italian vacation, but now there are plans for a real one...maybe in another year or two!

For the week ahead - Persephone Reading Week Challenge starts tomorrow! My chosen grey-covered book is Someone at a Distance by Dorothy Whipple. There may not be much reading time on this trip, but at least I'm there in spirit. What books will you be enjoying this week?


Post a Comment

0 Comments