My younger sister Denise and I spent the day together. We began our outing at a coffee shop where Sis and I shared a scone which was delish, it had orange and nuts and was drizzled with chocolate - and that is my mocha, isn't it pretty?
After coffee we drove over to the most amazing place, Yarn Garden, a really successful and FULL shop that has so many wonderful yarns and has classes. Here are 3 full rooms of yarn!
The first is the cottons and children's yarns.
The middle room with wools and alpacas and things.. my "Drops" Alpaca is there on the bottom right.
Here is the main room as you enter, yarns, sample sweaters, buttons and a comfy place to sit.
Here is a WHOLE wall of sock yarn! Below is a closer shot.
I made my purchase (which I will show you below) and then we headed to dinner. We went to Happy Hour at Newport Seafood Grill and had chicken tenders, a salad with pear and bleu cheese and a bowl of clam chowder. And we talked... and talked.. :-)
Then we went on to her house, above is a basket of eggs that I brought to her.
Her daughter Whitney prepared dinner for herself and her father, she's becoming quite a cook, here is her spaghetti carbonara, and she used 2 of the fresh eggs I brought in the dish.
Above is the treasure I brought home from the yarn shop - this is sooOOooo soft and sooOOooo pretty! I had 4 skeins, the raspberry, lime, orange sherbet and turquoise. I added ten more colors for variety. Which brings me to.... the photo below.
One of my favorite bloggers, Alicia Paulson at Posie Gets Cozy, had posted that she had enjoyed a period drama called "Bright Star" - so I put it in my queue at NetFlix and we watched it the other evening. I was "gobsmacked" by this lovely jacket the heroine wore, it looked like tiny little crocheted flowers. So, I thought, I could make something like that! I remembered that I had 4 skeins of fine yarn and dug them out and took them with me so I could add new colors that would go with them. Now, I don't think I could pull off a jacket like this, but I'm going to make some small motifs and join them together for a scarf or shawl or wherever fate takes me. I'm going to take this with me to volunteer at Multnomah Falls today and will work up some of my ideas to show you.
Thanks for coming by and again, **LOVE** your wonderful comments!!
Hugs -- Teresa :-)




0 Comments